First of all, many thanks to those of you who have asked us about our progress on the Tower VR game.
We are moving forward. Perhaps slower than we have anticipated but forwards anyway!
A lot has happened since September 2016.
Here is a quick scoop of what has taken place in our lives and at our game studio:
- While working in Dundee, Scotland, we have experienced the challenge of owning just one HTC Vive and only one PC that could run it. Since everything needed to be tested in VR to ensure that it worked in VR, we were really feeling the pain of not being able to work consistently and effortlessly on creating our game.
- Our lack of equipment is now resolved with the purchase of an additional HTC Vive, another powerful computer and a laptop that will allow us to present our games and pitch them to the investors. (Burglars, beware: we have a very scary and ferocious dog in our office!)
- Back in Dundee, we had 10 weeks to produce a demo of our game at the same time as finishing our degree. In spite of this time constraint and the lack of essential equipment, we succeed!
- We had the chance to show off our game at two events (Protoplay and EGX) where our game received lots of enthusiasm.
- We were listed as one of the top teams of Tranzfuser and given the opportunity to pitch directly for a UK Games Fund grant.
- We were successful pitching and we were awarded a UK Games Fund grant to carry on with the production of the Tower!
- Do you remember our original team? Well, all of us are now graduated from our masters degrees. Hooray!
- Mike (the founder and the producer) had to return to the Midlands, UK, where his wife and his kids were eagerly awaiting his return.
- Chris and Ben were hired by other companies and could no longer continue with the Tower. Aaron and Nelson could not move to Midlands and could not continue with the production of the Tower, as working remotely on the VR game is just not practical at present time.
- That left Mike to be “the general without an army.’ Mike needed the new team in the Midlands. Being a wise man, he focused on getting his wife on board first and a new company “Mountain Walrus” was officially incorporated!
- A new programmer and a new artist were hired and started working for Mountain Walrus in January 2017.
- We are still looking for a designer. Send us your CV, if you are interested to join the team.
And that’s where we are today!
Thank you once again, for your support at Protoplay, EGX and on social media. We would not get that far without it!